The Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC) is pleased to announce the inaugural True Sport Team for 2021-22 season. The True Sport Team was developed to recognize student athletes who demonstrate the principles of True Sport on the field of play, in the classroom and in the community.
MCAC believes sport inspires friendship, learning, health, and personal growth. Sport is a key component of developing good leaders and citizens.
MCAC – 2021-22 True Sport Team for volleyball
Bendu Dukuly – Université de Saint-Boniface (USB) Les Rouges women’s volleyball
Chloe Friesen – Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) Blazers women’s volleyball
Dries Demaré – Université de Saint-Boniface (USB) Les Rouges men’s volleyball
Colby Dyck – Providence University College (PUC) Pilots men’s volleyball
Levi Klassen – Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) Blazers men’s volleyball
The True Sport seven principles that guided the selection for the Team:
1. Go For It – Rise to the challenge – always strive for excellence. Be persistent and discover how good you can be.
2. Play Fair – Understand, respect, and follow the rules. Play with integrity – competition is only meaningful when it is fair.
3. Respect Others – Show respect for everyone involved in creating your sporting experience, both on and off the field of play. Win with dignity and lose with grace.
4. Keep It Fun – Find the joy in sport and share it with others. Remember what you love about sport and why you play.
5. Stay Healthy – Always respect and care for your mind and body. Advocate for the health and safety of yourself and those around you.
6. Include Everyone – Recognize and celebrate strength in diversity. Invite and welcome others into sport.
7. Give Back – Say thanks and show gratitude. Encourage your sport group to make a difference in the community.
All the nominated student-athletes will be invited to apply for the Bill Wedlake True Sport Awards. These awards were established to recognize Bill Wedlake, the first Executive Director for the MCAC and his commitment to living the True Sport Principles with the MCAC. At the end of each season, two student-athletes will receive a $250 award.
The futsal and soccer 2021-22 True Sport Team will be announced prior to the 2022 MCAC Futsal Championship on March 13, 2022.